Basic QPushButton keyboard shortcut test fails under KDE session

Bhushan Shah bhush94 at gmail.com
Sun May 8 14:10:34 UTC 2016

On Sunday, May 8, 2016 7:26:32 PM IST, Elvis Stansvik wrote:
> Hitting Ctrl+O would not print "clicked" as expected.
>

> But then I tested logging out and into an Openbox session, and it
> worked from there. The strange thing is that it works with Qt 4.8.7
> under the very same KDE session where it fails with Qt 5.6.0.
>
> Even stranger is that neither:
>
>     killall kwin_x11
>     openbox &
>     ./test
>
> which I would have thought would give the same result as a logout +
> login to Openbox, nor
>
>     kquitapp5 plasmashell
>     ./test
>
> works, if I do that in the running KDE session. So there must be some
> other KDE process I'm unaware of which intercepts the shortcut.
>
> I'm now unsure whether the problem is with Qt 5.6.0, with some
> KDE/Plasma component, or somehow with both.
>
> Would appreciate a lot if someone could check and see if they can reproduce.

Given I debugged this earlier and can't think of any nicer solution, would
be useful for you..

This comes from
kde:plasma-integration/src/platformtheme/kdeplatformtheme.cpp

QList<QKeySequence> KdePlatformTheme::keyBindings(QKeySequence::StandardKey
key) const

I think this binds the KStandardActions to those keybindings.. So instead
of listening to clicked best would be to use
http://api.kde.org/frameworks-api/frameworks5-apidocs/kconfigwidgets/html/namespaceKStandardAction.html

Maybe others might have good solution.

Thanks