Review Request for KWayland for inclusion in frameworks

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Sat May 7 23:45:20 UTC 2016

On Sat, May 7, 2016 13:50:05 David Faure wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Can you check the CI for KWayland? ASAN detects an invalid memory usage
> in KWayland::Client::OutputDevice::Private::doneCallback() called after
> KWayland::Client::OutputDevice::~OutputDevice().
>
> https://build.kde.org/view/Frameworks%20kf5-qt5/job/kwayland%20master%20kf5-> qt5/28/PLATFORM=Linux,compiler=gcc/testReport/junit/%28root%29/TestSuite/kwa
> yland_testWaylandOutputDevice/

I find that report kind of confusing. The line 323 of
test_wayland_outputdevice.cpp is just a QSignalSpy constructor, it shouldn't
involve destruction of an OutputDevice (what ASAN is warning about here). I
wonder if it maybe has something to do with the modern signal/slot connection
syntax in use?

For what it's worth there's a relevant Coverity entry (CID 1340943), noting
that the TestWaylandOutputDevice class does not have an initializer for
m_queue within the constructor (or in any of the other class members it looked
at). But I don't see how that would be related either.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne