Sunsetting khotkeys?

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu Mar 31 17:33:45 UTC 2016

On Thursday, March 31, 2016 5:15:26 PM CEST Ivan Čukić wrote:
> > Input macro recorders/editors have fairly large userbase on competing
> > systems (e.g. enthusiast gamers on Windows, who easily outnumber
>
> +1
>
> When I read Martin's post, I expected 'kwin will do it', not 'we don't need
> it'.

I have no idea what "input macro recorders/editors" are supposed to be. Thus I
don't know whether KWin can/should/whatever support that.

Also I don't think that Plasma is a system for gamers. Sorry to put it like
that, we are really bad in that area and suck on X11 for it and also on
Wayland. That's not what I'm optimizing KWin for (and if you read my blog
posts I do think that gaming is nothing which belongs into a desktop
environment, it should be outside).

Cheers
Martin