How to add applications to the default panel?

Achim Mildenberger admin at physik.kit.edu
Mon Mar 21 13:50:11 UTC 2016

Thanks for the answer!

As far as I understand:
For new users, this would be doable. But if users just mess up
their panels and want to go back to a default panel, it's a bit
complicated to get the contents
  ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc
replaced by a default file.

So it would be easier to have a system wide default file.
  layout.js
or a system-wide
  plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc.
For the first one I don't know the syntax.
Is there a system wide
  plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc
read if the user doesn't have its own one?

Thanks,
Achim