Plasma desktop scripting

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 13:28:50 UTC 2016

On Friday 18 March 2016 00:07:28 Franklin Weng wrote:

> http://imgur.com/0tUUC9e
>
> The background image was what I wanted.
>
> Then, I added line 9, which was the syntax to set the desktop name in
> Plasma 4.  Then after booting into the Kubuntu live, it became:
>
> http://imgur.com/Ktl9LwE

update:
i confirm to use
var id = createActivity("ezgo", "org.kde.plasma.folder");

and remove a.name = "ezgo"
that api was incorrect (and breaks stuff) and i removed it in master.

instead, (from 5.7 i added activityName(id) and setActivityName(id, name)
global functions to match with the existing api
(documented in
https://userbase.kde.org/KDE_System_Administration/PlasmaTwoDesktopScripting#Activities)
--
Marco Martin