Plasma 5.6 video

Lucas S kdeokk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 22:56:29 UTC 2016

Hi

"One thing that I found little bit off is the animation transition at 1:20.
It's kinda hasty/fast zoom-out-zoom-in. Maybe zoom directly to the
next scene without the zooming out?"

This is the tricky one, because here I change the view from "monitor
template" to full screen, hence this fast zoom-out-zoom-in. It also
makes the video more dynamic and the change between scenes is less
visible.  Basically I use the two effects when I switch between
scenes, the first one is fast zoom out and zoom in, the other is
something I call "white flash". This is how it looks like in this
scene https://youtu.be/uKO0RwuDMzU. Fast zoom-out-zoom-in looks much
better in my opinion. And yes I tried with a simple zoom, but the
result is disappointing.

"Also sometimes it shows things within a screen and sometimes
not (it's most notable at 1:46 when it suddenly zooms out for no
apparent reason). This is really a minor issue, just for the sake
of consistency."

Ah yes.  As I mentioned earlier I use two modes for the video scenes a
"monitor template" and full screen. When I switch to monitor template
the video is downscaled and makes things blurry. This is not a problem
for the video sequences when I show only parts of the screen like
download progress or media controls on the panel, but is quite
problematic for a full screen sequences like breeze theme part. As for
1:46, well at first I just wanted to do a simple zoom in but weather
widget is still using old oxygen icons and the buttons on the media
frame plasmoid are misaligned and the effect is not something we want
to show, hence zoom out  ;)
https://youtu.be/ywtINeDKBLo

Cheers