Moving Breeze lookandfeel to breeze repository

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Wed Mar 2 01:06:52 UTC 2016

Hi,
More specifically:
plasma-workspace/lookandfeel/

My Context:
I was looking into why applications are trying to load oxygen icons
instead of breeze on xdg-apps. The reason is that it was falling back
because breeze couldn't be found. AFAIU, this is offered by
$PREFIX/share/plasma/look-and-feel/org.kde.breeze.desktop/contents/defaults.

Now here's my reasoning: We already have similar stuff in the breeze
directory (QStyle, Window Decorations), having the Plasma Workspace
integration also makes sense.
Furthermore, it's what we do for breeze-dark nowadays. In fact,
"share/plasma/look-and-feel/org.kde.breeze.desktop" comes from
plasma-workspace and
"share/plasma/look-and-feel/org.kde.breezedark.desktop" comes from the
breeze repository. And the same file for oxygen, comes from the oxygen
repository.

It would also solve my little issue with xdg-app, although if you know
of another way to fix this, I'll be happy to know as well.

Aleix