[Differential] [Commented On] D2019: [Task Manager] Add media controls in context menu

broulik (Kai Uwe Broulik) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jun 27 22:12:19 UTC 2016

broulik added a comment.

  Static desktop actions, which we use, are dumb static application launchers, ie. they cannot express status and worse it would launch an executable which then probably communicates through DBus to an existing instance, at which point we could just do that directly as we do now with added benefit of working with all major players.

  As of now I have no concrete plans to add dynamic jump list entries (on Unity a running application can associate a menu with a launcher similar to a tray icon or global menu) which some players use indeed to provide such controls. But we don't support that.

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMADESKTOP Plasma Desktop

EMAIL PREFERENCES