[Differential] [Request, 788 lines] D1976: Image of the Day wallpaper plugin

bgupta (Boudhayan Gupta) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 22 18:57:11 UTC 2016

bgupta created this revision.
bgupta added a subscriber: Plasma.
bgupta set the repository for this revision to rKDEPLASMAADDONS Plasma Addons.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This patch adds a wallpaper plugin to Plasma, which fetches an "Image of the Day", or a random image, from an Internet source. Current sources include:

  - Bing
  - NASA Astronomy Picture of the Day
  - Random featured image from Unsplash.com

  Sources can be enabled and disabled, and a fallback default image can be specified, which is displayed if an image cannot be fetched from the Internet. The image change interval can be configured to be anything between 15 minutes to 23 hours and 59 minutes.

  A logo for the source and credit text is superimposed on the bottom right corner of the wallpaper.

TEST PLAN
  This was tested manually while being written. I use this plugin as my wallpaper.

REPOSITORY
  rKDEPLASMAADDONS Plasma Addons

AFFECTED FILES
  wallpapers/CMakeLists.txt
  wallpapers/iotd/CREDITS
  wallpapers/iotd/README
  wallpapers/iotd/contents/assets/bing.svg
  wallpapers/iotd/contents/assets/default.svg
  wallpapers/iotd/contents/assets/nasa.svg
  wallpapers/iotd/contents/assets/unsplash.svg
  wallpapers/iotd/contents/config/main.xml
  wallpapers/iotd/contents/ui/config.qml
  wallpapers/iotd/contents/ui/main.qml
  wallpapers/iotd/contents/ui/sources.js
  wallpapers/iotd/metadata.desktop