porting the QtCurve kwin theme

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 08:42:11 UTC 2016

On Friday June 17 2016 07:54:48 Martin Graesslin wrote:

>Yes, a port to KDecoration2 is required. No, there is no guidebook for that.
>The required effort is difficult to estimate as it depends on the actual
>implementation. Whether it uses KCommonDecoration or KDecoration.

I see that both classes are used. If someone would be willing to take a quick peek to get an idea of the feasibility and amount of work required, that'd be really appreciated.

Everything should be in here
https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=qtcurve.git&a=tree&f=qt5%2Fkwin
with maybe some config stuff in
https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=qtcurve.git&a=tree&f=qt5%2Fkwinconfig

>Don't try to start the KWin 5 instance to test it, use kdecoration-viewer:

Ah, that's good to know. KWin5 does seem to work well enough, but having a separate viewer is of course much less intrusive.

Cheers,
René