porting the QtCurve kwin theme

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 21:15:22 UTC 2016

Hi,

It was pointed out to me by an OpenSuse maintainer that the QtCurve Qt5 implementation doesn't contain a (functional) window theme.

I'm not exactly the most likely candidate to address this as I don't currently have a system running a Plasma5 desktop, but I do now have KWin5 installed in my parallel prefix, from where it can replace the system's KWin4 .
How complicated is it to port a KDE4 kwin style/decoration to KF5, I presume that means using KDecoration2? Is there a guidebook somewhere online?

That said I have the impression that the current KDE4 QtCurve decoration implementation is crippled too. There's a decoration config dialog but it has a number of settings that are ignored.

Cheers,
R.