[Differential] [Request, 6 lines] D1898: [Kicker] Use KRun::runService instead of new KRun

broulik (Kai Uwe Broulik) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 15 17:56:35 UTC 2016

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, hein, dfaure.
broulik set the repository for this revision to rPLASMADESKTOP Plasma Desktop.

REVISION SUMMARY
  "new KRun" is only meant to run absolute file paths and so breaks when we get a
  service with relative entryPath() like when finding a KCModule.

  The tempFile argument causes this call to be asynchronous as to not block the UI

TEST PLAN
  The tempFile hack has David Faure's blessing as new KRun is only meant for when opening files and the like. KRun::runService normally blocks but doesn't when we do the tempFiles thing. This fixes opening eg KCMs (search for eg "Splash" and add it to favorites).

  - Opening apps in favorites still works
  - Opening apps in recent docs still works
  - OPening docs in recent docs still works
  - Opening apps in apps still works
  - Opening KCMs in favorites now works
  - Opening KCMs in recent docs now works

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMADESKTOP Plasma Desktop

AFFECTED FILES
  applets/kicker/plugin/appentry.cpp
  applets/kicker/plugin/recentusagemodel.cpp

EMAIL PREFERENCES