[Differential] [Request, 34 lines] D1856: more creative output type detection in xrandr backend

sebas (Sebastian Kügler) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jun 14 01:20:39 UTC 2016

sebas created this revision.
sebas added reviewers: Plasma, dvratil.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Many users report Unknown output types, while the reported output names
  are more reliable. This patch makes the code fall back to the name-based
  detection code (which was there already anyway, but hardly used).

  I've removed one private static method, since this was only called from
  one place and moving this logic into the method where the rest of the
  string detection happens makes the code more readable.

  The "panel" detection still plays a bit of a special role, this matches
  the previous behavior, which I really don't want to change.

  Also, "DP<something>" is commonly used for displayport connectors, so
  match that as well.

  CCBUG:364044

REPOSITORY
  rLIBKSCREEN KScreen Library