[Differential] [Request, 2 lines] D1855: relax lidswitch check for external monitor

sebas (Sebastian Kügler) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jun 13 23:12:25 UTC 2016

sebas created this revision.
sebas added a reviewer: Plasma.

REVISION SUMMARY
  KScreen::Output::Type isn't very reliable and produces Unknown for quite
  a number of connected displays. Instead of ignoring unknown outputs,
  assume they're externally connected displays.

  This makes it possible to have my laptop not suspend every time I
  connect some random monitor and close the lid.

  This can still be overridden by the option to suspend on lidswitch even
  with external monitor connected, so it makes sense to be a bit more
  naive here.

  I'll also have a look if we can improve type reporting in
  KScreen::Output, but this change makes sense, nevertheless.

  CCBUG:364044

TEST PLAN
  "Works On My Machine"

REPOSITORY
  rPOWERDEVIL Powerdevil

BRANCH
  sebas/lidswitch

AFFECTED FILES
  daemon/actions/bundled/handlebuttonevents.cpp

EMAIL PREFERENCES