[Differential] [Request, 25 lines] D1788: [Pager] Don't update models when not visible

broulik (Kai Uwe Broulik) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jun 7 10:24:26 UTC 2016

broulik created this revision.
broulik added a reviewer: Plasma.
broulik set the repository for this revision to rPLASMADESKTOP Plasma Desktop.

REVISION SUMMARY
  When there is only one virtual desktop, the pager becomes invisible. It makes no sense to update the models in this case.

TEST PLAN
  Unfortunately root.visible evaluates true initially until I open and close the panelcontroller (the applet will be shown while configuring the panel) :( I have no clue why that happens. Other than that:

  - No update when the pager is hidden
  - When opening panelcontroller immediately updates and stays live until the panelcontroller is closed again
  - Always updates when there's two or more desktops

  It's pretty terrible that the pager resets the models on every change, eg. even focus changes, causing all the window Rectangles to be destroyed and re-created, contributing to lags when opening popups. Until the thing is rewritten to use the new tasks model, this at least serves the default setup (where the pager will be added but just one virtual desktop).

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMADESKTOP Plasma Desktop

AFFECTED FILES
  applets/pager/package/contents/ui/main.qml
  applets/pager/plugin/pager.cpp
  applets/pager/plugin/pager.h

EMAIL PREFERENCES