Selecting a Plasma logo

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Tue Jul 26 13:35:28 UTC 2016

> I kind of like it as is more smoother than the harsh usual gear.
> however, I'm quite concerned that it looks very, very generic, not really much
> recognizable

This is my problem with it as well.

The one that stands out for me is one of the Kver's mesh-ups. The one
with a part of the current plasma logo '>' inside two pieces of a
gear.

The reason I find that one interesting is that we could use a part of
it for the launcher icon if we wanted - just the '>'.

We could include the gear part, or two. It is open to modification.
The first thing that came to me was that we could easily make t-shirts
for a conference where the 'bumps' on the top gear would be
recognizable buildings of the city we are in.

Cheers,
Ivan