"Software not found" Runner

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Jul 26 11:49:08 UTC 2016

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 1:16:41 PM CEST Harald Sitter wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 1:10 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 26 July 2016 13:01:10 Aleix Pol wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> Last week I put together this runner, thought it might be useful, so
> >> if you type in krunner an application but it's not installed, it will
> >> offer to open Discover to install it (any software center in fact).
> >>
> >> Do we want to push this for the next plasma release?
> >> If so, do we want it enabled by default?
> >>
> >> You can look and test here:
> >> https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=scratch%2Fapol%2Fappstreamrunner.git
> >
> > looks like a good idea.
> > maybe kdeplasma-addons?
> > i would be fine with having it enabled by default
>
> Should be in desktop or workspace or discover (<- order of preference)
> if we want it by default IMO. Not all distros install addons by
> default.

If it's tied to discover, discover.git could have it. If it's "just"
packagekit, it could be plasma-workspace or kdeplasma-addons (I personally
don't care much, just wanted to comment that it doesn't have to be in
kdeplasma-addons or plasma-workspace).

--
sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org