Generating QtScript bindings for Qt5

R.Harish Navnit harishnavnit at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 11:10:18 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 3:36 AM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:

> Hi Harish,
> What are you trying to do? What do you need it for?
Oh sorry, I should have mentioned it earlier. I'm trying to work on
porting plasma's publictransport applet to plasma5. The dataengine
downloads documents(serviceProviders) and parses them using a script.

> I'd recommend against adopting anything using QtScript, as it's deprecated.
Yeah. I have a fixed timeline though and for now, I'd like to get to
rewriting the Ui for some simple cases at least. So for now, I'm
looking more for a workaround. We can eventually port it away from
QtScript once we establish there are no other major regressions with
the KF5/Qt5 port.

Cheers,
Harish