"Software not found" Runner

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Tue Jul 26 11:08:14 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 1:01 PM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> Last week I put together this runner, thought it might be useful, so
> if you type in krunner an application but it's not installed, it will
> offer to open Discover to install it (any software center in fact).
>
> Do we want to push this for the next plasma release?
> If so, do we want it enabled by default?
>
> You can look and test here:
> https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=scratch%2Fapol%2Fappstreamrunner.git

Weeh! awesome!

FWIW use cases:
- user wants to listen to music -> goes to kickoff and searches for
'music player' -> gets offered to install vlc or something
- user gets told about konversation by a friend -> wants to try it ->
opens kickoff and searches for 'konversation' -> gets offered to
install since it's not installed

HS