New repository plasma-tests

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu Jul 21 07:23:06 UTC 2016

Hi fellow plasma-developers,

we have a new repository called plasma-tests. This holds the test
orchestration from plasma-workspace/shell/tests.

The tests got moved there as they were always timing out on plasma-workspace
repository due to missing dependencies. In the new plasma-tests repository
they are passing. Also plasma-workspace is now succeeding.

Please use this! We now have everything in place to run tests for plasmoids.
If you have a bugfix, create a test case for it. If you do a new feature,
create a test case for it. There is no excuse and also that there is no test
yet is no excuse!

Also as plasma-workspace is now finally green: a failure in plasma-workspace
needs to become a stop-the-show-thing now. Let's introduce the frameworks
policy of no commits except for fixing the breakage.

Thanks all for helping making Plasma well tested!

Cheers
Martin