[Differential] [Commented On] D2223: [Notifications] Only keep job finished notification in case of an error

colomar (Thomas Pfeiffer) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jul 19 17:12:54 UTC 2016

colomar added a comment.

  @mart If you started a file transfer job at some point and now you neither have a progress indicator anymore, nor see an error message, what is supposed to have happened other than that it succeeded?

  Of all the file transfer job, the vast majority will complete successfully (hopefully, otherwise we have way bigger problems). Notifying about the success at the point it happens makes sense because it shows you "Ah good, now I can start working with the files at their destination!". However, long after that moment, if you see no indication of failure, you know it succeeded.

  Now that the notification queue does what it's supposed to do again in Plasma 5.7, it's hugely annoying that it fills up with lots of "Coyping finished" messages that you have to manually remove although they tell you //nothing// you don't already know.

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMAWORKSPACE Plasma Workspace

EMAIL PREFERENCES