[Differential] [Request, 2 lines] D2223: [Notifications] Only keep job finished notification in case of an error

broulik (Kai Uwe Broulik) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jul 19 14:27:20 UTC 2016

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, Plasma: Design.
broulik set the repository for this revision to rPLASMAWORKSPACE Plasma Workspace.
broulik added a dependency: D2222: [Notifications Dataengine] Fix default timeout.

REVISION SUMMARY
  As requested by Usability we'll assume a job finished successfully as the most likely case and only keep the notification persistent in case of an error. This makes dealing with files significantly less annoying.

TEST PLAN
  Depends on https://phabricator.kde.org/D2222 (hooray, repdigit \o/)

  selected file, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V in the same folder, waited a bit for the job to show up, now:

  - Canceled transfer,, got a persistent "Copying: Failed" notification
  - Chose different file name, got a regular "Copying: Finished" notification, nothing in my history

  Note: Technically canceling is an "error" and I didn't know any other way to trigger that but obviously we don't show a notification in this case as it would be pointless. This was just for testing and not part of this patch :)

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMAWORKSPACE Plasma Workspace

AFFECTED FILES
  applets/notifications/package/contents/ui/Jobs.qml

EMAIL PREFERENCES