Minutes Monday Plasma Meeting

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Jul 18 11:03:10 UTC 2016

Minutes Plasma 'hangout', 18-7-2016, 12:00 CET

Present: mgraesslin, bshah, Sho, kbroulik, notmart, sebas

bshah:
- Not much update last week, just new phone image with sound working
- I also submitted initial patches for nexus 5 mainline support that supports
volume up and down button and serial console for start

kbroulik:
* on Saturday Martin, Thomas and me met with Frank to discuss Plasma and
nextcloud collaboration
* https://notes.kde.org/public/Plasma_Nextcloud here's the notes we took
* wrote a few ideas for plasma notifications
https://community.kde.org/Plasma/Notifications

Sho:
- Hopefully finally fixed the infamous "Plasma dialogs show on Task Manager"
bug with changes to Plasma::Dialog, in collab with mgraesslin, confirmed by
affected folks like Bhushan
- Fixed regression to launcher sorting in Icontasks (specifically moving items
into and out of the 'launcher zone' when toggling launcher state)
- Fixed a manual sort map corruption causing delegates and tooltips to fly
around when closing the current lead (with respect to sorting) window in a
group causes the group to be dissolved (due to member count dropping to 0)
- Redid item layout in task buttons a bit to fix text labels occasionally not
appearing (especially in vert panels) due to circular prop bindings
- Killed legacylibtaskmanager and tasks data engine (combined diff: -12882
lines) via:
-- Landing the Window List applet rewrite
-- Porting the "Switch Window" containment action to libtaskmanager-ng
-- Porting the Pager applet away from legacylibtaskmanager API (not the same
as porting Pager to legacytaskmanager-ng yet)
-- Porting the ActivityPager applet away from legacylibtaskmanager API
- I'd like more multiscreen users to test the hein/screenGeometryFilter
branches in p-w and p-d, please get in touch
-- Currently working on adding Wayland support for screen filtering there /
prereqs in kwayland
- Planning KDE 20th anniversary party in Seoul with the Korean KDEers

notmart:
* look and feel kcm has now a KNewStuff button, taking content from new server
* kglobalaccel: new kcm layout, "functionally" complete but probably still a
bit fragile: needs architectural review, can't use KRun
* some work on the lookandfeelexplorer tool, better layout and thumbnail
generator
* refactor of plasmashell multiscreen management: mart/
screenConnectorManagement branch in plasma-workspace, based on screen
connector names. Need test by heavy multiscreen users (first report from
einar's 3 screen system: all ok during normal usage, but disabling/enabling a
screen -> disaster and we can't test that :/.. usb video adaptors?)

mgraesslin:
* various improvements concerning kwin_wayland on VM
* Allow struts on panels between screen edges if WM is KWin
* Remove unredirect fullscreen * Allow llvmpipe for KWin
* Support restarting of compositor on Wayland (both QPainter and OpenGL)
* we have a regression on Wayland: OpenGL applications might start to freeze
when screen is locked
* investigated resize of VM window which should trigger a resize of everything
- main problem is that it violates assumptions of kscreen
* KWin crashes with virtualkeyboard on libhybris

sebas:
* kscreen bug triage and testing
* Fix apply button in kscreen KCM: https://phabricator.kde.org/D2154
* Fix for identical monitor identification: https://phabricator.kde.org/D2156
* Worked on article for 20 years of KDE, half-way now
* windowmetadata feedback, will add suggested properties there, then review?
* fixed switch screen shortcut: https://phabricator.kde.org/D2112 (also in
5.7.1)

--
sebas