[Differential] [Request, 21 lines] D2156: improve output identification

sebas (Sebastian Kügler) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jul 14 02:48:00 UTC 2016

sebas created this revision.
sebas added a reviewer: Plasma.

REVISION SUMMARY
  When identical outputs (i.e. outputs with the same edid) are connected,
  the serializer can't match the outputs solely by their id, it will most
  likely return the wrong one and set that up.

  In this case, we also compare the output's name with the name saved in
  the config: this one is different for every monitor.

  This change should allow to configure and restore setups with identical
  screens connected.

  BUG:325277

TEST PLAN
  Only compile-tested so far. I'm running out of nightly hours.

REPOSITORY
  rKSCREEN KScreen

BRANCH
  identicalmonitors