[Differential] [Request, 16 lines] D2154: kscreen kcm: block changed signal after save

sebas (Sebastian Kügler) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jul 13 23:28:43 UTC 2016

sebas created this revision.
sebas added a reviewer: Plasma.

REVISION SUMMARY
  When changing position (and potentially other properties) of the screen
  setup, we receive delayed signals way after the sync operation finishes.
  This enables the apply button after the config has been applied, leading
  to the apply/discard confirmation dialog when closing (or navigating
  away from) the kscreen kcm.

  This patch disables propagation of the changed() signal at the highest
  level, meaning that config widgets internally still get updated, but the
  apply button only gets enabled after 1000 milliseconds. This magic value
  is what I've figured out by testing. It's long enough to re-request edid
  information on two outputs, but short enough to get in the way from
  further changes.

  I'm not super-happy with the timer, but I don't see any other way to fix
  this glitch in the user experience. We don't really have a way on X11 to
  know when all changes are flushed.

  BUG:365467

TEST PLAN
  Tested systemsettings and kcmshell, with this patch, it works reliably and doesn't get in the way.

REPOSITORY
  rKSCREEN KScreen

BRANCH
  blockkcmchanges