Long term support release for Plasma?

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Mon Jul 11 09:41:07 UTC 2016

On Monday, June 27, 2016 2:28:42 PM CEST Martin Graesslin wrote:
> Hi distributions,
>
> in Plasma we are considering to add a long term support release. For this
> idea we want to get some feedback from your side to know how we should set
> this up.

In case you missed the news: at last week's Plasma IRC planning for 5.8 we
decided to make Plasma/X11 5.8 an LTS release with at least 18 months of
support (if there is need for it, we might extend it). We will continue with
the Fibonacci styled release. Though also there we can be flexible and add
intermediate releases if needed.

Thanks for your feedback!

Cheers
Martin