Porting C++ plasmoid+dataengine to plasma5

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 18:49:39 UTC 2016

On Sunday 10 July 2016, Simone Gaiarin wrote:
> The problem now is how to manage the configuration.
>
> I know that the plasmoid configuration can be accessed  via
> plasmoid.configuration and that I can map the fields in main.xml to the ui
> elements of the config dialog. The problem is how to synchronize this
> configuration with the other instances of the plasmoid (each plasmoid has
> his own configuration in plasma 5).

the idea is that you don't, really. What is your use case exactly? Different
plasmoids are designed to be completely independent.
If you really need something different, you can still write a c++ plugin for
the plasmoid (an Applet* subclass just as in plasma 4, accessible via qml with
nativeinterface) in which you still have access to applet.globalconfig or you
can do whatever more complex/different you need.

--
Marco Martin