[Differential] [Updated] D2089: Rewrite Window List plasmoid.

hein (Eike Hein) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jul 10 16:09:46 UTC 2016

hein marked an inline comment as done.
hein added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in main.qml:70
> You're using the margins from this frame, but you're not even rendering this frame anywhere?
> Using the margins from something we're not rendering doesn't make really make sense semantically.
>
> Then later we later use the left/right margins from the highlight which makes even less sense. No-one else does that.
>
> We have a consistency problem with list view delegates over Plasma generally, so I this probably isn't any worse, but it's not right.
>
> There is a PlasmaComponents.ListItem which does a fairly good job of handling some of this vaguely consistently. Though that's currently only used by 4 things.

We use this same technique in Kicker and FV and other places. It's the only way to get element sizes from a themer and cope with themes that miss certain elements. I have asked for better APIs over the years and got a "no" back from Marco every time. This works, and anything else breaks for the user. Our UIs rely on it.

> davidedmundson wrote in main.qml:157
> Not tested, but will this work with RTL?
>
> Note if not, you just need an anchors.left: parent.left   and it will

Worked in my --reverse test.

REPOSITORY
  rPLASMADESKTOP Plasma Desktop

EMAIL PREFERENCES