Which applications does the Plasma team recommend to use with Plasma?

Thomas Pfeiffer thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org
Thu Jul 7 08:54:55 UTC 2016

On 05.07.2016 10:35, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Monday 04 July 2016 16:52:09 Jens Reuterberg wrote:
>> IRC is too uncommon to be "ship by default"
> and argument i heardfor irc is that distributions still nowdays depends on it
> for semi-official user support, so most distributions wants it anyways

Exactly. Most distros use IRC is their default support medium, so an IRC client
is a must, even if most users only start it when they have a problem.
>> - Cantata is not relevant enough
> ugh, are the times changed that much that a non-spotify music player is not
> relevant anymore? (me feels old and quetly retires mumbling against today's
> youngsters)

Yes, VLC does play music, but it's not really a good music player.
Of course we could say "If you'd like to ship a music player by default (and the
integration of mp3 into MPD does not violate any of your policies), we'd
recommend Cantata."