Which applications does the Plasma team recommend to use with Plasma?

Jens Reuterberg jensreu at kolabnow.com
Mon Jul 4 14:52:09 UTC 2016

IRC is too uncommon to be "ship by default" - Cantata is not relevant enough
and VLC will work as that if needed, or something more simplistic would be
good (and Luca's criticism is relevant as the distro maintainers for distros
more focused on software freedom would have massive issues).

The lightest possible image viewer would be good but to be honest there are
very few that fit the bill: some stick to menubars on top (for no reason) some
use a completely different logic than normal (like Photoqt) making them fiddly
to use. Gwenview but edited to at least not stick to the menu bar logic would
be good enough I suppose.

Also isn't Kwalletmanager dead and the replacement has yet to make an
appearence? (is there any other walletmanager, Qtbased that would be a good
replacement until the replacement comes along?)

Aside from that I ppersonally have no objections.