Window thumbnail discussion

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu Jan 21 11:06:48 UTC 2016

Am 2016-01-21 12:00, schrieb Kai Uwe Broulik:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, please! That's the crazy idea Thomas and I had a while ago.
> Looking forward to see it implemented. I would make it a bit more
> generic though, ie. not necessarily tied to just window thumbnails.
>
> We now ‎have Unity Launcher support and so I would love to see us
> building up on this idea and allow to provide progress information,
> additional buttons, overlay icons and so on wrapped inside a nice KDE
> Frameworks API with per-Window support. And that Frameworks could at
> some point also support the Unity stuff again when run there.

An idea we had was to allow "actions". We didn't really think about it
in details, just that we want to support it later on. In a first step we
want to restrict to "thumbnails", though.

I plan to write something down in the wiki next week, which should be a
better starting point for discussions then.

Cheers
Martin