KDE Discover binary & library names

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Mon Jan 11 18:25:53 UTC 2016

>> As a maintainer, I say no. Because it's just not my goal, I think that
>> being part of Plasma makes it a more appealing product.
>
> Ok, got you :)

GNOME-Software supports "profiles" for other desktop environments,
which mostly means that it stops preferring GNOME apps over other apps
in search results.
One could also implement slight variations in functionality in
Discover, depending on the detected DE, to make it possible for other
DEs to use Discover (e.g. not show Plasmoids on LXQt).
The primary goal should be designing for Plasma though, with any other
functionality not interfering with that goal - I fully agree with
Aleix on that :-)

Cheers,
    Matthias