KDE Discover binary & library names

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Sat Jan 9 19:32:12 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 07:08:40PM +0100, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> While I'm not against the name plasma-discover, I think that we are
> starting to use the term plasma in far too many places - wherever we
> used to use KDE.

My definition of what I'd be happy to include in a release is stuff that you'd install in a KDE Plasma distro variant but wouldn't if you were running a Gnome or other desktop variant of your distro.  In that regard Discover fits in because increasingly other desktops come with their own package managers such as Gnome Software.  So a name of plasma-discover would do nicely.

Jonathan