Plasma mobile HID question: popup on long press

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Jan 8 21:35:48 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 10:18:31PM +0100, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Friday 08 January 2016 13:04:53 Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > >
> > > To me, this sounds like a case for the "slide to reveal actions" pattern
> > > (see [1]). Would that work in your case?
> >
> > Totally. I didn't know that was an available option with QML / Plasma
> > mobile. Certainly much more elegant than a popup window (so 80s).
> >
> > Any pointers, suggestions how to implement this?
>
> take a look at
> https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=plasma-mobile.git&a=blob&h=495bf02a284c999b688a0d1f5ab2b4eadbf62ec5&hb=9da0a08af277c2d92e069b58571a648795cfc96e&f=components%2Fmobilecomponents%2Fexample%2Fcontents%2Fui%2FMainPage.qml
>
> the part
> delegate: MobileComponents.ListItemWithActions {
>                 enabled: true
>                 MobileComponents.Label {
>                     enabled: true
>                     text: model.text
>                 }
>                 property Item ownPage
>                 onClicked: {
>                     root.pageStack.pop(root.initialPage);
>                     if (!model.component) {
>                         return;
>                     }
>                     ownPage = root.pageStack.push(Qt.resolvedUrl("gallery/" +
> model.component + "Gallery.qml"));
>                 }
>                 checked: root.pageStack.currentPage == ownPage
>                 actions: [
>                     Controls.Action {
>                         iconName: "document-decrypt"
>                         onTriggered: print("Action 1 clicked")
>                     },
>                     Controls.Action {
>                         iconName: "mail-reply-sender"
>                     }]
>             }
>
> I'm still not 100% happy with it since the component is a tad complex, so for
> a list with thousands elements can be noticed not that smpooth while
> scrolling, but can be improved :)
> (and a big stress test like that would be very useful)

Excellent, two people pointing me at the same sample that I clearly missed.
I will play with the ListItemWithActions and see how this goes.

I have more than a thousand elements in that list and have phones from old
and sluggish to state of the art to play with.

I will definitely provide feedback and can easily make sample data
available for people to test with.

Thanks!

/D