two more mobile-components oddities

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jan 7 07:14:39 UTC 2016

So if I have one of the drawers open and then tap on the back button on
the device, I think that should close that drawer instead of going back
one level in the app and leaving the drawer open... the NEXT tap on the
back button should now move back one level.

Next, imagine a screen where you can input a variety of data. So a number
of TextField and maybe TextArea that fill the screen of the phone exactly
(no need to scroll). If I tap on one of the upper text input areas and the
keyboard opens, I now have a smaller screen that is visible. So I assume
that I should be able to vertically scroll in the input area. But I can't.
So I can't get to the text inputs lower down on the same page. I have to
close the keyboard, tap on an input area in the bottom third of the
screen, see it scroll up (including the FAB now - so that's fixed) and am
able to type things in. Funny thing is, now I can't scroll, either. So I
can't get back up to the top text fields until I close the keyboard.

Rather awkward.

Hope this is helpful feedback.

/D