kdereview: breeze-grub & breeze-plymouth

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Wed Feb 24 15:52:57 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 9:43 AM, Harald Sitter <sitter at kde.org> wrote:
> Salut!
>
> As mentioned yesterday by Andreas Kainz, the VDG is working on a
> unified design from boot to shutdown. To facilitate this we started
> working on a GRUB and Plymouth theme that can now be found in
> kdereview for your review pleasure.
>
> GRUB is ready for review.
> Plymouth is still in development as the design is not finalized.

Plymouth is now also ~done (still some room for spacing improvements
and de-branding).
Plymouth should be cmake-able and install into the correct
directories. Do not that selecting the theme is vastly distribution
dependent though.
The plymouth theme has a graphics and text mode so we have somewhat
consistent colors even on systems without DRM support (proprietary
drivers etc).

HS