kdereview: breeze-grub & breeze-plymouth

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 17:50:09 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 3:43 AM, Harald Sitter <sitter at kde.org> wrote:

> Salut!
>
> As mentioned yesterday by Andreas Kainz, the VDG is working on a
> unified design from boot to shutdown. To facilitate this we started
> working on a GRUB and Plymouth theme that can now be found in
> kdereview for your review pleasure.
>
> GRUB is ready for review.
> Plymouth is still in development as the design is not finalized.
>
> It was suggested that we release both alongside Plasma so we can
> easily enable distributions to brand coherent theme versions and don't
> have to jump through git to find matching revisions of grub/plymouth
> themes, hence the reviewing.

Are these the blue/last mockups from here:
https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=285&t=130271 ?

I don't think this resembles "breeze" much (the screen-wide half-transparent
bar with that tiny line near the bottom). Should this whole set of design
be named
something else while the old ones are kept (somewhere) as "breeze"?

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer