ActionButton mouse area issue

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 11:01:54 UTC 2016

On Tuesday 09 February 2016 10:48:18 Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > 2) Humans' first reaction to change is always hostility (unless they are
> > disciples of the Cult of Apple, that is).
>
> True. That said, I have now tried to use this for several weeks (after our
> first conversation about this which lead me to re-enable things). And I'll
> tell you honestly that I'm still not sold on it.

I did a quick and dirty experiment for an alternative in a branch:

same repo, mart/drawerHandles branch, all should be compatible.
the action button is there only when an action is assigned (i.e. Edit in dive
details) otherwise is invisible
two little handles peek at the side of the screen.
stuff in the bottom area is still usable even tough is still advise for
flickables (such as Listview) to have a bottom margin set

can it be tested on that branch and see how users react?

--
Marco Martin