ActionButton mouse area issue

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 17:00:58 UTC 2016

On Tuesday 09 February 2016 08:13:39 Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 09, 2016 at 05:04:44PM +0100, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> > Yes, as Marco said, this change was a result form user testing. Two of
> > five
> > users I've tested with so far have tried swiping anywhere on the Action
> > Button's row to open the drawers, because they expected it to work that
> > way
> > and/or because they found it difficult drag from the center.
>
> That is baffling but then, normal users baffle me all the time :-)
>
> > I understand your user's problems, however. Even though in fact, the
> > lowest
> > list item can still be reached by scrolling it up (a standard function
> > supported by the list component allows users to scroll the first and last
> > items of a list towards the center of the screen where they are easier to
> > reach), it is indeed strange to see it fully but not be able to interact
> > with it.
> That isn't useful in the way it's implemented right now, though. I can
> pull it up but it springs right back. So if my list has a "tap to open an
> item" feature, it is /really/ hard to open the last entry in that list
> (that's how I noticed this whole issue and started to track this down
> because I couldn't open the last dive in the list).

yeah, it's supposed to have extra empty margin at the end of the list
(bottomMargin property), that can either be set or use the default component
for the list,
RefreshableListView (that also optionally offers the pull down to refresh
behavior many apps have, since that list is fetched from a server, it may be
useful)

--
Marco Martin