QWeakPointer error in DrKonqi

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 18:19:27 UTC 2016

Hi,

Is DrKonqi under active maintenance? I'm in the process of getting it (and a few select other things from plasma-workspace) to build on OS X and I'm seeing errors that should have nothing to do with "Plasma isn't supposed to work here" :

1) an error initialising a QWeakPointer<QFileDialog> from a QFileDialog*; following the Qt 5.5.1 docs as below corrects that (I don't know yet if it runs OK):
-        QWeakPointer<QFileDialog> dlg = new QFileDialog(parent, defname);
+        QWeakPointer<QFileDialog> dlg = QSharedPointer<QFileDialog>(new QFileDialog(parent, defname));

2) plasma-workspace-5.5.4/drkonqi/bugzillaintegration/bugzillalib.cpp:148:22: error:
      no member named 'fromAscii' in 'QString'
            QString::fromAscii(id));
plasma-workspace-5.5.4/drkonqi/bugzillaintegration/bugzillalib.cpp:249:57: error:
      no member named 'fromAscii' in 'QString'
    args.insert(QLatin1String("content_type"), QString::fromAscii("text/plain"));

Both appear to be errors that could stem from not having been updated for Qt 5.5, hence my question about active maintenance.

Thanks,
R.