RFC: plasma logo as start menu icon and ksplash logo

kainz.a kainz.a at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 18:55:58 UTC 2016

> p.s. Mind that when people say 'I use KDE', they usually think they
> are using Plasma, Dolphin, KTp, Okular, Konsole, etc. One of the
> /problems/ is that Linux users are spoilt, and started to consider all
> the default applications as a part of the operating system - from the
> desktop, to music players and office suites. So, having KDE logo
> instead of Plasma logo is not that wrong IMO.

so the easy way would say plasma is part of KDE (which is "only" the
community but nobody knows it) and in most distros the branding was
replaced by there branding.

So we only have to say the users plasma is part of KDE. oh now. the users
already know's that he/she use KDE. everything done. It's a little bit
sarcastic but it the end I don't have a problem to use the KDE desktop.

So are you (plasma mailing list member) part of KDE? YES
Do you develop the KDE Desktop or are you a developer of Plasma?
Are you proud to develop plasma as part of the KDE Community and want to
say I'm part of Plasma, than we need a rebrand. And rebrand mean you have
to define your requirements (what do you need, icons, logo, which sizes,
...)

+1 for Plasma brand
+ a for KDE brand

cheers