RFC: plasma logo as start menu icon and ksplash logo

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 15:59:18 UTC 2016

Hi all,
This is just an idea: since our branding of the desktop offer as "Plasma" seems
to start to work, but still needs work, one of the first points that come to
mind speaking about branding is the logo.

What I'm proposing is to change the K logo on start menus and ksplash (and any
other place where it makes sense, being plymouth, sddm, various docs and
websites around..) with the Plasma logo, to make more marketable as a stand
alone product what our desktop offer is
Either the current Plasma logo or whatever new shiny logo the VDG comes up
with if they feel the current one isn't up to scratch.
I had doubts about this in the past as the K logo is the trademarked one, but
I'm starting to get convinced the time has come ;)

Opinions? Comments?

--
Marco Martin