[Differential] [Commented On] D3832: import kwin deco and button order in l&f

graesslin (Martin Gräßlin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Dec 29 15:52:34 UTC 2016

graesslin added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D3832#71865, @mart wrote:

  > In https://phabricator.kde.org/D3832#71855, @graesslin wrote:
  >
  > > I don't think the buttons should be set by a lnf package.
  >

  > the user request was to make possible the l&f themes to emulate a different os (that is actually part of the design reason of l&f themes) in which button order becomes part of the target look

  the button order is global and not per theme. Given that I think it is wrong to change the global button order when changing theme. IIRC the deco can override it anyway, so not needed here.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kcm.cpp:642-646
> +    // Reload KWin.
> +    QDBusMessage message = QDBusMessage::createSignal(QStringLiteral("/KWin"),
> +                                                      QStringLiteral("org.kde.KWin"),
> +                                                      QStringLiteral("reloadConfig"));
> +    QDBusConnection::sessionBus().send(message);

now we have two sections which will reload KWin's config. Can we merge that? A reload of KWin's config can be really expensive and we don't want to do that twice.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

EMAIL PREFERENCES