Repo freeze on Thursday

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 11:49:22 UTC 2016

On Thursday 29 December 2016 11:13:49 Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 11:31:51AM +0100, Marco Martin wrote:
> > On Tuesday 27 December 2016 22:57:08 Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > > Repo freeze is on Thursday, so if anyone has any more Git modules they
> > > want added to Plasma for 5.9 speak now or forever haud yet wheesht
> > >
> > > Currently I plan the same tars as in the 5.8 release
> >
> > Yo,
> > the repo plymouth-kcm should be added as well, today i'll add all the
> > needed extra stuff (copying file, readme and what not)
>
> It might need docs to pass kdereview review.

the docbook thing? :( that's quite unlikely, and, was designed to not require
that thing (i guess still old issue on wether khelpcenter should survive at
all :/)

> I had quite a few warnings/errors when running it

uh? in neon all of that was working correctlysince weeks? are you testing the
same build? a different packaging? how did you build it?

> org.kde.kcoreaddons: Error loading plugin "kcm_plymouth" "The shared library
> was not found." Plugin search paths are
> ("/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins", "/usr/bin") The environment
> variable QT_PLUGIN_PATH might be not correctly set
> kf5.kcoreaddons.desktopparser: Could not locate service type file
> kservicetypes5/kpackage-genericqml.desktop, tried ("/home/jr/.local/share",
> "/usr/share/usr/share/xsessions/plasma", "/usr/local/share", "/usr/share",
> "/var/lib/snapd/desktop")
> file:///usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Button.qml:100:
> TypeError: Cannot read property of null

with this warning, the thing is not supposed to load at all?
seems you just installed the whole thing in a wrong prefix?

Error: resetCheckbox is not defined

> QDBusArgument: read from a write-only object
> QDBusArgument: read from a write-only object
> QDBusArgument: read from a write-only object
> Warning from helper: KAUTH HELPER CALLED SAVE WITH "pokemon"
>
> But it did work and install a pleasing pokemon theme

ah.
all the cannot open .png files should be failures to find a thumbnail and could
be easily silenced, the other warnings there, kinda make no sense :/

--
Marco Martin