[Differential] [Commented On] D3829: [touchpad] Use a separate X11 Display to monitor the XInput event.

graesslin (Martin Gräßlin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Dec 29 06:39:28 UTC 2016

graesslin added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D3829#71877, @xuetianweng wrote:

  > In https://phabricator.kde.org/D3829#71714, @graesslin wrote:
  >
  > > Could you explain the relationship to global shortcuts? That sounds to me like a bug which needs to be fixed in kglobalaccel
  >

  > I don't really sure about this. So basically XlibNotifications uses XISelectEvent to monitor certain event. And strangely, the event is not received only if it is triggered by global hotkey.

  Which "event"?

  > The Display* used in touchpad kded is already a separated one instead of Qt's, so I don't know if there's any interference between them. If someone could highlight me about what is the real cause of this I'd appreciated it.

  This sounds weird and wrong to me. In none of the applications we use, even in the heavily X relying one like KWin or kglobalaccel, we create another Display, but use the one Qt provides. From my experience there is no need to have a dedicate Display. It can certainly be a source for issues.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

EMAIL PREFERENCES