[Differential] [Commented On] D3829: [touchpad] Use a separate X11 Display to monitor the XInput event.

xuetianweng (Xuetian Weng) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Dec 28 19:05:55 UTC 2016

xuetianweng added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D3829#71714, @graesslin wrote:

  > Could you explain the relationship to global shortcuts? That sounds to me like a bug which needs to be fixed in kglobalaccel

  I don't really sure about this. So basically XlibNotifications uses XISelectEvent to monitor certain event. And strangely, the event is not received only if it is triggered by global hotkey. The Display* used in touchpad kded is already a separated one instead of Qt's, so I don't know if there's any interference between them. If someone could highlight me about what is the real cause of this I'd appreciated it.

  My guess is that it could be caused by mix Xinput call on the same display and there's some interference.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

EMAIL PREFERENCES