[Differential] [Commented On] D3822: use a native event filter to notice the screen was swapped

mart (Marco Martin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Dec 28 10:55:02 UTC 2016

mart added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D3822#71673, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > Given the only member variable we use is m_screenPool-> shouldn't this just be in ScreenPool?
  >
  > Also I don't understand how this is works:
  >
  > qxcbconnection::handleXcbEvent
  >
  > calls ::filterNativeEvent
  >  before ::handleScreenChange
  >
  > which means this code is running before qGuiApp->primaryScreen has updated.

  the weird thing is that i'm getting a lot of screen change events, so that's probably why it works even if it's called in the wrong order.

  putting a bit of debug i get this:

  Name of current primary screen "eDP-1" stored name in screenpool "eDP-1"
  Name of current primary screen "eDP-1" stored name in screenpool "eDP-1"
  Name of current primary screen ":0.0" stored name in screenpool "eDP-1"
  Name of current primary screen "HDMI-1" stored name in screenpool ":0.0"
  Name of current primary screen "HDMI-1" stored name in screenpool "HDMI-1"

  can be seen going from the internal screen to the fake one, then from the fake one to the external one

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

EMAIL PREFERENCES