[Differential] [Commented On] D3777: notice when the only screen changes

davidedmundson (David Edmundson) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 24 17:44:03 UTC 2016

davidedmundson added a comment.

  > so, is this workaround ok with a message to remove when/if we depend from a qt with a proper solution to https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-57785 ?

  Based on this I still don't really get why we're not just using a native event filter on xrandr configure events as I asked on IRC. You might need to the processing in a Qt queued connection, but it'd still be a billion times simpler, and you could put the logic in screenpool, where it logically should be.

  You said it was because of wayland, but that doesn't hold true , because even if the Qt wayland QPA does the same thing (and a quick grep for the word "fake" implies it doesn't) we're the ones that control what order the QPA gets output events so could avoid the situation anyway.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  phab/screenheuristic