[KWin Question] - KWin authorize external docks to manipulate tasks and windows

Michail Vourlakos mvourlakos at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 20:19:02 UTC 2016

On 21/12/2016 09:16 μμ, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> send from wrong address...(or kmail is broken)
>
> Am 2016-12-21 20:15, schrieb Martin Gräßlin:
>> Hi,
>>
>> currently every window gets access. This will change soon. The
>> implementation for authorization is already on the whiteboard left to
>> me :-)
nice to hear... :)

>> Basically the required interface will be restricted. The
>> identification will be based on process ids with a root (!) owned
>> global configuration file.

If I read it correctly, then the user could edit this file in order to
allow a dock
executable to gain access, right? this is sufficient for me...

So, a kcm could be added in order to edit this file and make this easier
for the user, right?

>> At runtime any access without authorization will simply abort the
>> application. It will raise a Wayland protocol error which will result
>> in application termination.
sounds logical!

>> .
>>
>> Most likely this will be introduced with Plasma 5.10 or 5.11.
no matter on the time, Martin :) I just wanted a light in the end of the
tunnel!! :)
we are very glad to have you in the kde team...

thank you a lot your time and your immediate response..

regards,
michail