[Differential] [Commented On] D3723: Introduce a KWin internal on-screen-notification service

graesslin (Martin Gräßlin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Dec 19 16:51:37 UTC 2016

graesslin added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in osd.cpp:73
> I don't get why this line exists, you can render an internal window on either platform..
>
> but if it should exist, why it is not put it for show too?

> I don't get why this line exists, you can render an internal window on either platform..

Hah, if it were that simple... KWin cannot manage it's own windows on X11, it has to be an override redirect. Thus we need to position manually, the placing through OSD type won't work. That's the obvious part, but there is certainly more. Which means I need to test on X11 what works and what doesn't and adjust. I don't like to have a special handling here at all...

> but if it should exist, why it is not put it for show too?

And it is there :-)

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin

EMAIL PREFERENCES